Need rsync anonymous access from Red Hat office in TLV

Anton Marchukov amarchuk at redhat.com
Tue May 10 13:21:10 UTC 2016

Hello All.

Maybe it is time to start providing general anonymous access to resources
over rsync protocol.

Technically we can do the following:

We now have resources files on a separate shared disk, we can create a new
vm specially for rsync (and possible move all other protocols there) and
then mount it read-only there so we mitigate any security risks and will
never be able to change files from that vm. This is how we planned to
improve resources initially.

The only thing is that afaik rsync protocol is not authenticated and
encrypted. There is nothing secret on resources, but the files might be
tampered along the way and I am not sure all rpms there have crypto
signatures.

Anton.

--
Anton Marchukov
Senior Software Engineer - RHEV CI - Red Hat