ovirt-srv11

Nadav Goldin ngoldin at redhat.com
Thu May 12 18:15:52 UTC 2016

> If we need that extra server in Production DC (for hosted engine
> redundancy and to allow maintenance) then lets take the lower end new
> servers from 17-26 and replace it with the strong one.
> We need to utilize our servers, I don't think we're at 50% utilization
> even, looking at the memory consumption last time i checked when all slaves
> were working

the problem is that we won't have live migration in the Production cluster
if we add
the new hosts there(because of the multi node NUMA mismatch), we could put
2 new
hosts in the Production cluster but then we would have to schedule a
downtime
in order to move them.

I think that coupling the engine upgrade with the new slaves is not
necessary.
we can start by installing the hook on ovirt-srv11 and spinning up new
slaves,
that way we can also test the hook in production. because there is no NFS
involved,
and live migration isn't working with the hook, the host is pretty much
self-contained
and this can't harm anything.