ovirt-srv11

Anton Marchukov amarchuk at redhat.com
Fri May 13 07:16:01 UTC 2016

> I think that coupling the engine upgrade with the new slaves is not
> necessary.
> we can start by installing the hook on ovirt-srv11 and spinning up new
> slaves,
> that way we can also test the hook in production. because there is no NFS
> involved,
> and live migration isn't working with the hook, the host is pretty much
> self-contained
> and this can't harm anything.

FYI. We used to have fc21-scratchpad-test slave running in u/s ovirt in
production for certainly more than
half a year for sure. Not sure why it was delete and was it related to
local disk or not. But I think
this should be enough to consider it has being tested in production.

What was not tested is the effect on NFS server as we had only one slave.
But nowadays seeing overrun
counters on storages we can conclude that it will help since anything
directing traffic away from the storages
will help.

Anton.

--
Anton Marchukov
Senior Software Engineer - RHEV CI - Red Hat