DAO test and upgrade appear not to run on 4.0 branch

Tal Nisan tnisan at redhat.com
Wed May 25 12:43:51 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 3:37 PM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 3:33 PM, Tal Nisan <tnisan at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> db upgrade jobs should be covered by engine-setup/upgrade so I don't see
>>> a reason to keep running them.
>>>
>> You mean the checkpatch jobs cover them? Cause upgrade scripts changes
>> need to be tested as well
>>

> 2 things IMO cover this:
>   1. the db duplicate script in check-patch.sh
>   2. ovirt-engine setup/upgrade not in standard ci (since we can't run
> setup on mock)
>
> If this is not the case, we need to migrate the db scripts to check-patch.

Unless I got it all wrong I recall we had an upgrade script check on the
old master, it seems like it's still running:
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-engine_master_upgrade-from-master_el7_merged/

>>> What's needed for that migration?
>>

> Just to copy the code to a bash script and test it, i started a very draft
> and ugly code here:
>
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/55808/

Unfortunately we don't have the resources currently to help in that front,
maybe other teams can help?
Why not copy the existing behavior from old Jenkins though?