ngn build jobs take more than twice (x) as long as in the last days

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Thu May 26 07:20:29 UTC 2016

> I agree a stable distributed storage solution is the way to go if we can
> find one :)

Distributed storages usually suffer from a large overhead because:
1. They try to be resilient to node failure, which means keeping two
or more copies of the same file, which results in I/O overhead.
2. They need to coordinate metadata access for large amounts of files.
Bottlenecks in the metadata management system are a common issue for
distributes FS storages.

Since most of our data is ephemeral anyway I don't think we need to
pay this overhead.

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com