building engine artificats from a posted patch?

Nadav Goldin ngoldin at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 11:15:01 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Martin Mucha <mmucha at redhat.com> wrote:
> 1. if I opted to run these tests locally, what are expected hw specification? I mean devel build is already more than laptop can handle. If this has enabled all translations, I'd have to take a pto to run it. So is this even possible to be ran on laptop with only 12G ram?
I didn't do it on ovirt-engine myself for a while, but last time I
checked, it was possible to run the build with 12gb of ram. The slave
VMs in Jenkins usually have less than that(8GB), though you are right
it would take more than a hour.

>2. Since I probably should be coding instead of waiting for build on irresponsible laptop (which it is even for devel build), would it be possible to have jenkins build, which prepares rpms as described above without need to deploy them to some repo, but allowing to download them instead?
As I wrote in the previous message, sure, just tell me which
_build_artifacts job you need and I'll clone them, removing the
deployment stage. To create the RPMs you'd trigger the job, and when
completed download the exported-artifacts from there.

On a side note, you will need to make sure whoever you pass the RPMs
to has the needed repositories with the dependencies(besides the
created RPMs..), probably exploring OST dependencies, for example[1]
will help.

Nadav.

[1] https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-system-tests/blob/master/common/yum-repos/ovirt-4.0.repo