ovirt-engine-4.0.5 is not treated as a monitored stable branch

Shlomo Ben David sbendavi at redhat.com
Sun Oct 30 13:27:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

Tal: The '*Check merged to previous*' hook is checking if the current patch
was merged to previous stable branches and i think that it is not related
to the one that you're searching.

Eyal: Currently there is no hook that checks if branch is enabled, but
there is hook that checks if the patch major version branch is [equal /
higher / lower] than the bug target milestone major version.
i'll explain by giving you few examples and their results:

Example 1:
tm: '---'    (empty target milestone)
branch major version: any
result: *WARN MSG*

Example 2:
tm major version: 3.6
branch major version: 3.6
result: *OK MSG*

Example 3:
tm major version: 3.6
branch major version: 4.0
result: checks for clone flags
(if tm major version in flags - *OK MSG* else *WARN MSG*)

Example 4:
tm major version: 4.0
branch major version: 3.6
result: *WARN MSG*

Best Regards,

Shlomi Ben-David | DevOps Engineer | Red Hat ISRAEL
RHCSA | RHCE
IRC: shlomibendavid (on #rhev-integ, #rhev-dev, #rhev-ci)

OPEN SOURCE - 1 4 011 && 011 4 1