[JIRA] (OVIRT-757) [VDSM] Add Travis CI to vdsm github project

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 07:10:13 UTC 2016

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 05:12:03PM +0200, eyal edri [Administrator] (oVirt JIRA) wrote:

>     [ https://ovirt-jira.atlassian.net/browse/OVIRT-757?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=22109#comment-22109 ]
>
> eyal edri [Administrator] commented on OVIRT-757:
>
> Few questions:
>
> 1. Which tests will run there? same as check-patch/check-merged?

It would be Vdsm's unit tests, which are also run by check-patch.

> 2. How will the travis configuration be managed/configured

vdsm source tree already has .travis.yml which github uses to trigger
Travis runs

> 3. Why use another CI system when we can run it on jenkins.ovirt.org?
> is there any limitation to existing jenkins server that Travis doesn't
> have? can you elaborate?

We love jenkins CI and we don't want to replace it, only augment, with
very little cost to the ovirt project.

Travis has a nice look-and-feel; but more importantly, it keeps the
outcome of jobs indefinitely. We'd like to see TravisCI for for the very
same reason we have a github mirror to our gerrit: github provides a
widely-used platform, that might be more approachable to the general
public, even though I personally like it less.