[JIRA] (OVIRT-696) create an 'infra-ansible' repo

Marc Dequènes (Duck) duck at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 12:15:24 UTC 2016

On 09/06/2016 04:32 PM, Barak Korren wrote:

> In Gerrit every commit becomes a patch, there is no way to put
> multiple commits in the same patch (this is probably the most notable
> difference between Gerrit and pull-request based systems).
> The idea in Gerrit is that once you are done developing, you squash
> your commits together to generate patches that will be easy for
> reviewers to understand.

That is not very practical in this case. I'd like to preserve the work
history, as said in the meeting.

I'm not really sure to understand what would happen if I push to review
several commit with the same Change-Id; would it create a patchset or
replace the former commits?

Also, even if I would probably not send as big changes as now again, I
see kernel devs sending features is a series of patches for more
readability, so Gerrit is unable to do that?