[JIRA] (OVIRT-696) create an 'infra-ansible' repo

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 12:59:30 UTC 2016

> I'm not really sure to understand what would happen if I push to review
> several commit with the same Change-Id; would it create a patchset or
> replace the former commits?

Patch sets within the same change ID replace each other with the most
recent one is the one being reviewed and potentially merged.

> Also, even if I would probably not send as big changes as now again, I
> see kernel devs sending features is a series of patches for more
> readability, so Gerrit is unable to do that?

It is. You just give each commit a different change id and push it as
a different patch. Gerrit knows how to track dependencies between
patches and present then in the UI.

git-review helps here - Given branch 'foo' with N commits on top of
'maser', checking out on 'foo' and running 'git review' would create a
gerrit patch and a change-id for each commit and would send them to
Gerrit while also setting the topic in gerrit to 'foo' to allow
looking at the patches as a group.

Please note that each commit is reviewed separately, a change
requested by a reviewer for an earlier commit may necessitate
adaptations for later patches. When submitting sets of patches one
must be ready to perform the occasional 'rebase -i'...

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com
RHEV-CI Team