[JIRA] (OVIRT-723) otopi jobs using python3 fail on fedora 24

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Sep 26 14:28:17 UTC 2016

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 6:12 PM, eyal edri [Administrator] (oVirt
JIRA) <jira at ovirt-jira.atlassian.net> wrote:

>     [ https://ovirt-jira.atlassian.net/browse/OVIRT-723?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=21114#comment-21114 ]
>
> eyal edri [Administrator] commented on OVIRT-723:
>
> [~didi at redhat.com] did you try adding python3-devel to the .packages files and see if it solves the issue?

If you check original [2] you see that python3-devel was installed.

I did some more work on this subject today, and final result is:

Current intended patch [1] fails on jenkins fedora 24 job, passes centos7.

A hack [2] that zeros dnf.conf makes it succeed on both.

I don't mind reversing their order for the git log (and not merge a
"broken" patch) until current ticket is solved, and then revert [2].

Best,

[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/59831/28
[2] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/64000/11
--