Contributors and easyfix

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 08:48:02 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Marc Dequènes (Duck) <duck at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Quack,
>
> So you were not at the community call, bad bad bad™.

I was on PTO from Thursday until yesteday, but keep in mind the hour isn't
that convinient for us ( bit late on Thu ),
Is there any way I can see the agenda before so I'll know if to join or
not?

> There is an
> initiative started by RDO and probably originating from Fedora, not sure
> to remember well. Anyway the goal is to identify tasks newcomers could
> do easily because they are not difficult and would not need special
> access. They are tagged "easyfix" to find them quickly and also remember
> team members to leave some available to newcomers.

Well, first we need new comers to present themselves and then it might be
helpful.
In the past were able to locate quite easily tasks which any newcomer can
do, and some are still working ( like the alert you get for old patches on
Gerrit which was written by someone new,
which unfourtunately didn't stay after a while, I believe he was accepted
to a new job IIRC ).

> So this could help attract people if we flagged some bugs on JIRA and
> accepted to spend a little bit of time exchanging with interested people.
>
> Recently on IRC: (2017-07-28 01:10:14)
> krish_ | Hello
> krish_ | I'm a newbie. I'm interesting in contributing to Ovirt
> Infrastructure!.
>        | I'm a computer science student. Can anybody help me in getting
> started
>        | Thanks.
> I hope this person would try to reach us again on IRC or on the MLs.
> Maybe the path for newcomers is not clear enough on the website too.

I'm not always on IRC, and its hard to notice requests there, its best if
someone will send email to infra or devel list if he wish to join.
We have [1] for this purpose, but its a bit outdated and needs a refresh.

[1]
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/infra/becoming-an-infrastructure-team-member/

> \_o<

Eyal edri

ASSOCIATE MANAGER

RHV DevOps

EMEA VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)