Fwd: Undeliverable: confirm 286441e8a96ed0284e7691c2ef4d59dee8c9cbfc

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Wed Aug 16 09:21:51 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 5:26 AM, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 08/13/2017 12:18 AM, Barak Korren wrote:
> > On 13 August 2017 at 10:02, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Hi,
> >> To be honest, Duck is probably the person to ask about oVirt lists,
> >> especially ones that are not common,
>
> Duck is at DebConf 17 through the rest of this week so is unable to
> respond to more than emergency/urgent requests.
>
> >> I don't recall ever using the 'mailman' list or anyone else in the past
> >> few years, so I'm OK with disabling it for now.
> >>

> > Its not the mailman list, its the ovirt-security list.
> >
> > I suppose the purpose of this list was to publish security notices? Not
> > sure, I've never seem any non-spam messages sent to it.
>
> Can you show me an example of what you are seeing?
>
> I presume you mean security@ or security-private@ lists as there is no
> ovirt-security@ list that I've seen or know of.
>
> I'm not an admin for security at ovirt.org any longer so I would not be
> receiving these confirmation floods.
>
> I am the only admin for mailman@ as a vestige of having setup and run
> the initial Mailman server and mailing lists as part of open sourcing
> the project.
>
> I suspect that >1 lists are seeing this activity. It has a pattern but
> not one that I can easily see how to make a regexp or algorithm from.
>
> Since I think the mailman@ list is not used by anyone other than Mailman
> itself (and sporadically at that), I'm going to disable subscriptions
> and at least stop this problem for myself.
>
> But that won't stop it for other list admins, so ... more suggestions or
> actions would be helpful. I'm a bit stumped.

Hi,
I was able to find the list [1] and remove you from the admin list, so you
shouldn't get any more emails.
Once duck is back we can probably just remove it, I don't think anyone is
using it.

[1] http://lists.phx.ovirt.org/mailman/admin/mailman/

--

Eyal edri

ASSOCIATE MANAGER

RHV DevOps

EMEA VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)