Openshift v2 being retired -- plans

Marc Dequènes (Duck) duck at redhat.com
Wed Aug 30 09:24:17 UTC 2017

Quack,

On 08/30/2017 02:59 PM, Barak Korren wrote:

> Im not sure if creating VMs is the right approach. We have our own
> OpenShift instance. Perhaps create containers there?

I only used OpenShift v2, but I can learn. I created an account, so if
someone can give me some power it would be nice.

Also I wonder how we can mix Ansible and OpenShift. It seem you can use
Ansible a provisionner to build an image, which is nice, but that's a
deep change in how we use Ansible. AFAIK you're not supposed to deploy
Ansible rules in a running OpenShift Container directly like you do on a
VM. I'd be happy to have advice (during the meeting?).

Also btw, port 8443 is not opened from the outside, which is not very
practical.

> Well, we've wanted to deprecate foreman for ages, and attach an external
> auth provider to engine... but evegheny was busy with more basic isssues...

:-/

\_o<