Finding the "last successful" OST CI run of something

Daniel Belenky dbelenky at redhat.com
Sun Dec 10 14:03:38 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 3:43 PM, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I understand that OST (or the job(s) that run it in CI) has some logic
> to decide what tests need to be ran based on the components that were
> changed since the last run.

Indeed. OST have a tool that we call Change Resolver. What is basically
does is to extract the changed files from the git commit, and return a list
of suites that include this file or a symlink to it in it's directory.
Also it has some logic to decide what to do for some edge cases (files
outside of suites directory/files that could not be resolved)

> Suppose that I want to see how the last good run of something looked
> like. Say the engine, or vdsm, or hosted-engine. Is there a simple way
> to find that out?

I think that the best place to look for those runs of OST is to go to the
Change Queue Testers (the one for the version you look for) and search for
a job with your requested component (engine, vdsm, ...)

> Also, we might risk here not doing some test because we think it's not
> needed, and perhaps we should run all tests at least once every X
> (say, 1 day). Do we already? How can I see logs of this?

We have timed jobs for all the suites that are not part of the Change Queue.
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/view/oVirt%20system%20tests/

--

DANIEL BELENKY

RHV DEVOPS