CQ for 4.2 not really working right now

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Sun Dec 31 09:03:57 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 28, 2017 22:01, "Barak Korren" <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you're on this list you've probably seen the failure emails from the
>> 4.2 CQ.
>>
>> The reason it is failing is that OST is failing to install engine,
>> because there is no engine package available to it.
>>
>> The 4.2 tested repo does not contain an engine package ATM.
>>
>> ther does not seem to be any other repo configured in reposync for 4.2
>> ATM that engine could be taken from.
>>
>> Wern't we supposed to have 4.1 as a fallback repo fore 4.2 OST until
>> everything branches?
>>

>> No, 4.1 doesn't work with 4.2.
>> The fallback is the official 4.2 ga repo, which should have all pkgs and
>> it worked when tested, so not sure why it's failing now.
>> Maybe we should disable tested repo until engine branches.
>>

>> As things stand right now, its is quite likely that a 4,2 tested repo
>> will not get built because everything needs an engine package to pass
>> OST and the engine package need a great deal of other things to work,
>> not to mention vdsm
>>

>> All should come from ovirt-4.2 repo.
>>

> This is the problem:
>
> 2017-12-28 17:21:56,323::ERROR::repoman.common.parser::No artifacts found for source /var/lib/lago/ovirt-4.2-el7:only-missing
>

> We need to find out why repoman can't read RPMs from the official 4.2 repo.

It might be related to mirrors and the fact we replace 4.2 official with
tested in CQ ( but not in check-patch, which is why it didn't fail there
...? )

*17:18:13* ovirt-4.2-el7:
http://resources.ovirt.org/repos/ovirt/tested/4.2/rpm/el7/*17:18:13*
ovirt-4.2-fc24:
http://resources.ovirt.org/repos/ovirt/tested/4.2/rpm/fc24/*17:18:13*
ovirt-4.2-fc25:
http://resources.ovirt.org/repos/ovirt/tested/4.2/rpm/fc25/*17:18:13*
ovirt-4.2-fc26:
http://resources.ovirt.org/repos/ovirt/tested/4.2/rpm/fc26/

I've sent [1] to handle it for now, we might want to keep the rename
permenant as explained in the commit message.

[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/85836/