ovirt-engine rebase does not run master upgrade from master

Daniel Belenky dbelenky at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 07:40:06 UTC 2017

Hey,

The two jobs that didn't run after you've re based you patch are:

   - [1] upgrade from 3.6 to master
   - [2] upgrade from master to master

We've disabled those jobs because [1] is not supported, I've understood
that in order to upgrade from 3.6 to master we actually have to upgrade
first to 4.0. And [2] was disabled because upgrading from snapshot to
latest doesn't really check anything.

Sincerely,

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 6:02 PM, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Patchset 28 of [1] failed jenkins on some jobs.
>
> Then Roy rebased it on master to patchset 29,
> and jenkins passed, after running only some of
> the tests. Roy then commented 'ci please build',
> which again passed. In practice it should have
> failed, and failed for me when running manually -
> thus I pushed patchset 30 which fixed the issue.
>
> Why doesn't a rebase causes jenkins to run all
> tests, but only some of them?
>
> [1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/70422
>
> Best,
> --