[ovirt-devel] please use a single patch for a single task

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Sun Jan 15 07:26:11 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 12:05 AM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Looking at:
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/69438/3
>
> but there are several others in gerrit for different projects
> taking this one as example just because it make me loose the evening on it.
>
> "adding cli for 4.1 experimental repos" as stated in the header of the
> patch
> has totally nothing to do with the body of the patch:
> "- also dropped fc23 since its eol"
> which just dropped all the fc23 artifacts from the publisher causing:
> - cockpit-ovirt for fc23 failing to build due to missing dependencies
> - publisher 4.0 nightly failing due to missing cockpit-ovirt for fc23

Wasn't aware the log line is that important and commit msg sometimes isn't
looked at, will take that into account next time.

Now I unblocked the publisher for 4.0 with: https://gerrit.ovirt.org/70402
> but if infra decided to drop fc23 support since fc23 gone EOL, please do
> it completely.
>
> If a patch need a "also did..." it needs a separate patch.

If the cockpit job was fixed when it started to be broken infra would have
seen the fc23 error which was missed and fixed it,
Because it was failing for a few days it masked the fc23 issue in the job (
btw - the same error is in the cockpit ovirt 3.6 build artifacts job ).

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Sandro Bonazzola
> Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
> See how it works at redhat.com

Eyal Edri
Associate Manager
RHV DevOps
EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
Red Hat Israel

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)