FYI: update on the system tests job

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 16:08:24 UTC 2017

I've noticed some people where not aware of the difference between the
normal system tests and experimental ones, So I've merged [1][2] in an
attempt to make some order.
I'll explain briefly what each job is doing and what are the differences:

We have 3 ways OST runs in oVirt CI:

   1. Nightly system tests ( runs once a day )
   2. Experimental flows ( runs on each build )
   3. OST check-patch job

Previously 1,2 & 3 were running on the 'oVirt snapshot' repos which wasn't
good because experimental was already running on much newer RPMs so it made
the job meaningless by testing not latest RPMS.

(3) Was fixed recently and is now running on latest.tested repos from
experimental
(1) Was changed into running on official oVirt releases or 'pre releases'
which in fact are built in a different flow than the CI builds, so we now
have extra verification on 'pre' releases.

In order to make (1) more clear and visible that it runs on stable/pre
repos, I've renamed the jobs to reflect their 'flavor' and it will be
noticed in the job names which are now called:

http://jenkins.ovirt.org/view/oVirt%20system%20tests/job/ovirt_4.0_system-tests_stable/
-> running on latest 4.0.z release
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/view/oVirt%20system%20tests/job/ovirt_4.1_system-tests_pre/
    -> running on 4.1 pre release

3.6 will be dropped since we no longer release oVirt 3.6 and master is also
dropped since we don't have any 'stable/pre' repo for it
( we still have experimental flows running and the manual OST job for each
version ).

I hope this change will make the difference between all the job more clear.

[1]https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/70424/
[2]https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/70425/

--
Eyal Edri
Associate Manager

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)