Recent DNS problems affecting oVirt

Marc Dequènes (Duck) duck at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 12:04:54 UTC 2017

Quack,

OSAS is acting NS2/MX2 for oVirt (for phx.ovirt.org only for DNS). A few
days ago I found out a few mails (less than ten at this time) rejected
on the MX for the oVirt MLs. It was like the DNS resolvers were cracking
nuts, and Postfix rejected mail due to the ovirt.org domain not existing.

I reported this problem with preliminary debug while flying to
DevConf.cz, disabling MX2 to avoid more rejections, and Misc with IT
found out the problem: IT had decommissioned a DNS server but the glue
records where wrong. Unfortunately the old DNS server was still working
but giving bad results, so this caused some disruption in the force.

It is solved and there is no more problems in this area.

\_o<