Please avoid manual modification to the 'tested' repo

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Sun Jun 18 09:30:09 UTC 2017

Il 18 Giu 2017 11:10 AM, "Barak Korren" <bkorren at redhat.com> ha scritto:

After working to make the new 'fluentd' package available to
'experimental' we noticed it kept on failing.

This morning I looked into the logs and found out it was failing
because 'reposync' was getting 404 errors on downloading 'qemu-kvm-ev'
and other packages from the 'tested' repo.

I restored the missing packages from 'experimental' and the errors went
away.

Looking deeper into this I found the following in the history file on
resources:

   find /var/www/html/repos/ovirt/tested/master/rpm/el7/ -name
"qemu-kvm*"|xargs rm -f

I'm sorry I did that.
Reason is that this version of qemu is obsolete and shouldn't stay there
but on Virt SIG qemu repository. If we have jobs failing on qemu not found
in tested repo, jobs are wrong and need to be fixed.

I'm sure who did this meant well, but this just broke stuff, and at a
time where we are desperately trying to make things stable again.

Please avoid touching the 'tested' repo manually, the creation
processes for it are rather complex for various reasons (Wost of which
have to do with enabling it to be usable while still constantly adding
updates to it).

--
Barak Korren
RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi