admin user list

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Thu Jun 22 06:43:47 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden <
ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 12:17:34PM +0900, Marc Dequènes (Duck) wrote:
>
>> Quack,
>>
>> So I'm setting up admin users for infra-ansible and the associated
>> machines to give you root access. I need some help to understand how
>> this list is defined.
>>
>> In Puppet I could find 23 users (not counting the devel and system
>> accounts). If I log onto backup I can only find 18 of them deployed. So
>> for example account 'dfediuck' is not created while I can't find any
>> difference with other properly created ones. It does not seem there are
>> Puppet groups defined either.
>>

> As I recall it there's a puppet class for every user. Then in Foreman
> these classes can be added to a host. Mostly they will have the ensure set
> to present, but absent can work too if you want to remove them.
>
> On the contrary if I log into resources I can find extra users like
>> 'rafaelmartins' and they are nowhere to be found into Puppet. So I guess
>> they were added manually. This makes removing users no more in the
>> project very difficult, so I think we should audit user accounts.
>>

> Auditing makes sense. Given my lack of involvement I think my accounts
> could be cleaned up as well.

+1 on cleanup of unused accounts, I can help with what we can remove.

Eyal edri

ASSOCIATE MANAGER

RHV DevOps

EMEA VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)