Job definitions in the 'yaml' directory

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Sun Mar 19 14:48:11 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> We've been doing some work recently to enable using the 'jenkins' repo
> to create different jobs for different Jenkins instances. I had be
> working on enabling its use to configure the staging server, while Gil
> had been working on using it downstream.
>
> This work is based on the assumption that the 'jobs/confs/yaml'
> directory only contains job templates and not individual job
> definitions. This is certainly true for all standard-CI jobs.
>
> I have found, however, a few jobs that are defined inside the YAML
> directory. These include:
>
> - ovirt-engine_master_coverity-analysis
> - scan_security_and_license_ovirt-engine_master
> - system_gerrit-alert-old-patches
> - system_jenkins-report
>
> Some of these jobs seem quite old. Can we remove them?

No, each of them is still relevant and has important value.

> Alternatively
> we could move the definitions to the 'projects' directory, or,
> ideally, re-factor them into separate 'job-template' and 'project'
> definitions that reside in the right places.

Please open a ticket on supporting 'system' jobs in standard CI,
Maybe open a folder called 'ovirt-infra' similar to 'ovirt' now with
various jobs.
Alternatively, add a new file under projects/ovirt folder for system jobs.

> --
> Barak Korren
> bkorren at redhat.com
> RHCE, RHCi, RHV-DevOps Team
> https://ifireball.wordpress.com/

Eyal Edri
Associate Manager
RHV DevOps
EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
Red Hat Israel

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)