resources.ovirt.org directory layout is a mess

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Tue Mar 28 09:32:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 12:15 PM, Martin Sivak <msivak at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed we have couple of different places for the same kind of
> content (packages):
>
> /pub/ - includes new releases and snapshots repos

This is the official place for oVirt releases and what any user should use.
The official repositories

> /repos/ovirt/{experimental,tested}/ - experimental seems pretty close
> to snapshots

Experimental - internal repo for CI, no one should use it.
Tested - official verified repos with packages that passed OST, we
recommend anyone to use that repo if he wants latest and greatest packages
and can't wait to an official release
Snapshots - from next week, ovirt-snapshot-master will be a nightly
snapshot of tested repo, this is ideal for QE or anyone who wants to test
oVirt, but can't have the repo refreshed all the time.

> /releases - old releases

We don't maintain this, probably kept for history purposes

> The /repos prefix by itself is incredibly messy, there are bunch of
> private directories and ovirt among them.

Please open a ticket on jira.ovirt.org with details and we'll look into it,
but I don't think that each directory on a release server should matter.
There is official documentation for oVirt users and release rpms which
provides you with exactly which repos you should use.

We do need to add documentation on what each repo means and its usage, can
you please open a ticket on it so we won't forget?

> Can you please unify the structure so it is easier to navigate? We
> should at least have one top level dir for all official public
>

> content.
>
> Something like
>
> /ovirt/{releases,experimental,tested}/<version>/<arch>
>
> and
>
> /ovirt/yum-repos/release.rpm
>
>  would work well enough I think.
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin

Eyal edri

ASSOCIATE MANAGER

RHV DevOps

EMEA VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)