Can't use docker'command in Jenkins: client is newer than server

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Wed May 3 11:21:38 UTC 2017

On 3 May 2017 at 14:07, Juan Hernández <jhernand at redhat.com> wrote:

>   Error response from daemon: client is newer than server (client API
> version: 1.24, server API version: 1.22)
>
> See the complete log here:
>

> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-containers_master_check-patch-el7-/4
> /console
>
> How can we solve that?

Yeah, we saw that before.
please use 'node-filter' in the project YAML to limit the system to
match underlying hosts distros with the distro used for testing.

See YAML for the 'jenkins' project for an example:
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=jenkins.git;a=blob;f=jobs/confs/projects/jenkins/jenkins_standard.yaml;hb=refs/heads/master

But I see you were trying to build from el7 mock running on FC24. This
probably should work, as we are keeping Docker up to date all the time
(Updates are pulled to the slave by the very same job). Where are you
getting the client from?

--
Barak Korren
RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi