New design for the Gerrit UI

Milan Zamazal mzamazal at redhat.com
Thu May 4 07:57:39 UTC 2017

Evgheni Dereveanchin <ederevea at redhat.com> writes:

> The Infra team is working on customizing the look of Gerrit to make it fit
> better with other oVirt services. I want to share the result of this
> effort. Hopefully we can gather some feedback before applying the design to
> oVirt's instance of Gerrit.
>
> Please visit the Staging instance to check it out:
>
>   https://gerrit-staging.phx.ovirt.org/

Thank you for the preview.  While it fits better with oVirt services,
there is one thing that makes me uncomfortable with it: low contrast.
The top green bar is probably directly violating Web Accessibility
Guidelines (AA level; see
https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#visual-audio-contrast-contrast), but I
find all the green parts harder to read than in the current version.
So it would be nice if the contrast could be improved.

Thanks,
Milan