Gerrit HTTP-500 error

Gil Shinar gshinar at redhat.com
Sun May 28 07:13:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

Today we have seen this error again. Restart of Gerrit fixed this issue.
I have look a bit and found the following thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/repo-discuss/N5bIo4VlPGU

According to the above, there's a bug in Jgit. Its cache gets corrupted and
it cannot find objects.
Restart of Gerrit causes it to clear the cache and that fixes the problem.

In order to fix that, you cannot only upgrade JGit (as it is built in
inside Gerrit installation) but you have to upgrade Gerrit. According to
Gerrit's release notes, this issue had been fixed only since Gerrit 2.13.7
<https://www.gerritcodereview.com/releases/2.13.md#2.13.7>

It is not urgent but looks like a good idea to upgrade to this version or
the latest (2.13.8).

Gil