Job stuck in cleanup for 13 hours

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Tue May 30 21:28:35 UTC 2017

The jenkins level timeout dates back to the days on the looong looong
upgrade test jobs.

Then as today it was designed as last resort failsfae, and typically leaves
a mess around.

You are still seeing stuff running after it because it is not supposed to
kill the clenup scripts or we're guaranteed to get dirty slaves.

We do need to figure out what caused the simple docker restart to not
finish for 6 hours. I suspect were seeing symptoms and confusing log buffer
behaviour and not the real issue.

Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com
RHCE, RHCi, RHV-DevOps Team
https://ifireball.wordpress.com/

בתאריך 30 במאי 2017 07:52 PM,‏ "Nir Soffer" <nsoffer at redhat.com> כתב:

See http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-release_4.1_build-
artifacts-el7-x86_64/205/console

Build stuck after 16 minutes (using elapsed time):

*00:16:49.203* + sudo systemctl restart docker

Failure detected after 6 hours:*06:00:07.301* Build timed out (after
360 minutes). Marking the build as failed.

But the job is still running:

*06:00:08.490* + xargs -r sudo docker rm -f

Why build-artifacts job needs 6 hours timeout?

Nir