Fwd: [oVirt Jenkins] standard-enqueue - Build #6908 - FAILURE!

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Wed Nov 15 13:57:43 UTC 2017

On 11/15/2017 02:33 PM, Barak Korren wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> What is the point of the
> 'ovirt-engine-api-metamodel_1.1_build-artifacts-*' jobs?
>
> For post-merge jobs, the 'version' part of the job names is supposed
> to refer to an oVirt version.
> We keep getting errors like the one below because the system is trying
> to 'release' the package into a non-existent oVirt version (1.1 in
> this case)...

The version part of those jobs is the version of the project, the
`ovirt-egnine-api-metamodel` project in this case. Why should it be the
version of the `ovirt-engine` project?

If the version needs to be the version of the `ovirt-engine` project we
can change it, but doesn't seem right to me.

Note also that these jobs don't produce anything that needs to be
released as part of the oVirt project. The artifacts are released via
Maven Central, and used only during build time of the engine and the SDKs.