Question about availability of image-io in ovirt master repo

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Wed Nov 22 12:56:00 UTC 2017

On 22 November 2017 at 13:14, Nir Soffer <nsoffer at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 9:17 AM Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 22 November 2017 at 01:44, Greg Sheremeta <gshereme at redhat.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Same thing really, but I like to navigate to
>> > http://plain.resources.ovirt.org/repos/ovirt/tested/master/rpm/ and poke
>> > around in the browser.
>> >
>> There is not guarantee that what you see in the web UI resembles the
>> actual yum repository structure in any way, this is why tools that
>> actually read the yum metadata are preferable.
>

> Can we write a tool that will take a spec and list of platforms and repos,
> and verify that all the packages listed in the spec exist?

you mean like spectoo and yum-builddep?

> The main use case is RHEL - in the CI we are running on CentOS, with
> EPEL repos, so we cannot detect missing packages.
>
> Or maybe we should fix the CI repos so it simulates better a real system?

It simulates a very real CentOS, there is nothing to fix there.

I suppose you are talking about RHEL here. As a developer, when you
add dependencies, its your responsibility to check that they exist on
your target platforms and avoid adding them if they don't. We cannot
really use RHEL on oVirt's CI, the developer's free license is only
good for one laptop.

--
Barak Korren
RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi