[ovirt-devel] [ OST Failure Report ] [ oVirt Master ] [ 12-10-2017 ] [003_00_metrics_bootstrap.configure_metrics ]

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Sun Oct 15 07:57:52 UTC 2017

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 10:15 AM, Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 13 October 2017 at 14:31, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> Adding Eyal, Barak and Sandro and removing Victor.
>>>
>>> Personally, I do not mind taking on this task, but I think that I would
>>> need help in creating such a task.
>>>

>> I think we are already mirroring everything and refreshing the mirror
>> every few hours.
>> Issue looks like we are not using them in some jobs.
>>

> I did not look deeply into this particular issue, but just to get everyone
> on the same page.
>
> * We have mirror system that is getting synced every 8 hours and has no
> known issues
>   ATM
> * All repo issues you're seeing in OST are due to one of the following two
> reasons:
>   1. We are white-listing packages into the OST environment and the list
> needs to
>      be maintained as package dependencies change
>   2. The OST VMs are not blocked from using the upstream CentOS
> repos/mirrors. And
>      the upstream repos are not updated in an atomic fashion
>
> We have ongoing work [1] to fix issue #2 above, it takes time because it
> requires meticulous work to get all the required things into the whitelist.

Since I send here and there patches to do this meticulous work, I know it's
not such a big deal.
Yes, it's annoying and I have not yet come up with an automated way to do
it (I'm sure there is!), but it takes few hours and we can do it once every
2 weeks or so.
It also has the nice benefit of reducing run time, sometimes dramatically.
Y.