ovirt-system-tests_manual against specific version

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Mon Oct 16 15:48:02 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 5:42 PM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 6:18 PM, Miroslava Voglova <mvoglova at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to test patch for upgrade from newest 4.1.7. Upgrade_from_release
>> gives me ovirt-engine-4.1.6.2.
>> Is there some way how to choose particular version?
>>

> If you need to test upgrade from newer engine, you can specify the link to
> the newer engine RPMs from build-artifacts job.
> It works well for basic suite, though not sure we tested how it affects
> upgrade suite.
>
> If it doesn't work, you can always run it locally and tweak the relevant
> repos.
>
> What are you trying to test? upgrade from 4.1.7 latest to master?

​Right we need to test upgrade from latest 4.1.z (latest tested) to the
master with our patch. But unless I miss something, we can ​specify repo
only for target version of the upgrade, but not the source one. It seems
that upgrade OST always takes latest released as source for upgrade. Or am
I missing something?