Infineon firmware security issues

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 10:53:01 UTC 2017

Le mardi 17 octobre 2017 à 13:33 +0300, Eyal Edri a écrit :
> Thanks,
>
> So if I have an old YubiKey ( 2.43 ) I shouldn't be affected right?
> only V4
> is ?

That's what the post on yubico.com seems to imply. We do not know what
chipset is used in the key, so I can't give a educated guess. But I
hear people using yubikey neo weren't affected.

Now, only the CCID function is problematic, and only if you did
generate the ssh key on the chip (e.g., followed official doc on  https
://developers.yubico.com/PIV/Guides/SSH_with_PIV_and_PKCS11.html and
used "yubico-piv-tool -s 9a -a generate -o public.pem" )

If you imported the key, then that should be ok.

If you use the yubikey for non smartcard use (e.g. U2F, 2FA for RH VPN
or similar system ), that's ok too.