ovirt-system-tests_manual broken?

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Sun Apr 29 07:18:51 UTC 2018

> On 27 April 2018 at 19:51, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I tried to run ovirt-system-tests_manual job for testing some new centos
>> builds and I've the feeling it doesn't work.
>>
>> In http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-system-tests_manual/2650/
>> I added custom repo:  https://cbs.centos.org/
>> repos/virt7-ovirt-common-testing/x86_64/os/ which contains ansible 2.5.2
>> but I can't see it installed on the hosts and engine, I see only 2.5.1
>> installed.
>>

> repoman and hence OST does not support repos only direct package URLs, web
> directories that can be recursed into if you add the 'rec:' prefix or
> jenkins jobs if they are either on jenkins.ovirt.org or you add the
> 'jenkins:' prefix.

right, so yum repos can be added by rec:<yum repo> being the example below
a web directory with rpm included in the Packages sub-directory

>> In http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-system-tests_manual/2651/
>> I added custom build: http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=22569
>> which contains openvswitch  2.9.0-4. Looks like it has been installed on
>> the engine but not on the hosts. maybe network suite doesn't use it, but
>> looks weird.
>>

> If it was installed on the engine it means that its available in the
> localrepo, perhaps the hosts arn't using it? (that would be a bug in the
> suit).
>

>> in http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-system-tests_manual/2652/
>> I added custom repos:
>> https://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt7-kvm-common-testing/x86_64/os/
>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/cr/x86_64/
>>
>> for testing new qemu-kvm-ev 2.10 and CentOS 7.5 beta
>> but looks like qemu-kvm-ev 2.9 is used instead.
>>
>> Am I doing it wrong or is the manual job broken?
>>

> Again, yum repos are not supported by repoman.

I'll push a fix for this, there's no reason for not supporting yum repos
but supporting recursive web directories, being a yum repo a web directory
to be recursed if including repodata directory.

sbonazzo at redhat.com
<https://red.ht/sig>
<https://redhat.com/summit>