OST failures - weekly update [02/02/2018-09/02/2018]

Dafna Ron dron at redhat.com
Fri Feb 9 21:25:49 UTC 2018

Hello,

I would like to update the OST failures and status for the previous week.

before I give the report I would like to say that I have started working on
improving our weekly reports and allow better analyses and review of
failures so I hope each week the report would become better and more
informative.

This week was eventful due to the 4.2 branch being stabilized and also
starting to merge some 4.3 related patches to master.

*We are still failing on the following tests: *

   - 004_basic_sanity.vm_run - cannot find a acceptable vds (
   https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/87181/ and
   https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/87116/)
   - 001_upgrade_engine.test_initialize_engine - dwhd.service not starting
   - 002_bootstrap.get_host_devices - changes to sdk return with no vda1

*Major issues that were resolved during the week: *

   - 002_bootstrap.add_cluster  - https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/87126/
   - Infra packaging issue - https://gerrit.ovirt.org/87183
   - 002_bootstrap.verify_add_hosts - https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/87386/

I prepared some chart based on this week's alerts and I hope to improve on
this in the future.

Please note that i issued the reports based on alerts sent by CQ hence
these are not separate issues but alerts sent by the system.

*Alerts on resolved issues vs alerts on unresolved issues: *

Done = alerts on resolved issues
Backlog = alerts on unresolved issues - these will go to next week's
statistics.
[image: Inline image 5]

[image: Inline image 6]

*the below chart is of OST resolved failures based on cause of failure:*

Code= regression of working components/functionalities
None= OST did not start to run (this is usually caused by failed artifacts
builds)
Infra = packaging and other issues related to our infrastructure
Other = lago/OST related issues
Unknown = anything no falling in those definitions

[image: Inline image 2]

[image: Inline image 1]

*The below is resolved failures based on Suite type: *

Basic = Basic Suite
Upgrade - Upgrade from release suite
None = patches that failed because OST did not run (build-artifacts issues)

[image: Inline image 3]

[image: Inline image 4]

Failures based on Ovirt Version:

[image: Inline image 7]

[image: Inline image 8]

If you have any requests or suggestions to improve the reporting please let
me know.

Thank you,
Dafna