Do the CI support creating a github releases + assets?

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Wed Feb 14 11:40:19 UTC 2018

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 at 09:19 Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 13 February 2018 at 11:59, Roy Golan <rgolan at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I'm currently rolling my own makefile to create a release, with a binary
> > file as assets.
> > Does standard CI have something to publish artifacts in GH releases?
> >

> We don't have built-in support for it (And probably never will,
> because we believe in releasing oVirt stuff on ovirt.org resources),
> but we have credentials support so you can give us credentials for
> using the GitHub API to access it on your behalf, and then have those
> credentials made available to build scripts.
>
> Yes I imagined this is what we have. I guess This is what I'll do for
releases, build the rpm and push a release with a link to the repo. I'll
need more details when I'll
there, like the official rpm repo link and so on.

Also, a plain binary is a bad choice for a release mechanism IMO, it
> does not contain any useful metadata. Release media should typically
> at least include enough metadata to let you know which release is
> newer then another...
>
> Why not wrap it in an RPM or a container?
>
> I know merged the RPM support. :)

I'm haing problem with running glide in mock locally. It is stuck on
downloading
k8s.io/kubernetes - Did anyone you see that before? anyone building go in
mock?