Would like to become infra volunteer for ovirt project

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Wed Feb 14 14:39:14 UTC 2018

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for showing interest in the oVirt infra team!
Can you give us some background on your experience in DevOps, things like
knowledge in Linux Administration, CI/CD, CM, Python, Bash, etc... ?
These are the major technologies we've using in the team.

We have a filter of 'first time tasks' [1] which newcomers can do, though
some of them require knowledge in at least some of the domains I've
mentioned above as a starting point to start working on it,
Some tasks will also require access to the oVirt infra resources, which is
something that can be gained only after approved by infra maintainers,
which usually is given after a period of contributing code or helping in
various tasks, thus building trust.

[1] https://ovirt-jira.atlassian.net/issues/?filter=12803

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 2:10 PM, Sahil Joseph <sahiljoseph20 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> This is Sahil I would like to volunteer to manage infra for ovirt project.
> Can any one mentor me and tell me where to start.
>
> Regards
> Sahil

Eyal edri

MANAGER

RHV DevOps

EMEA VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)