oVirt infra weekly meeting notes 28.02.2018

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 08:56:31 UTC 2018

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 6:48 PM, Evgheni Dereveanchin <ederevea at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> Please find the topics of this week's infra meeting below:
>

> *PHX DC: - Engine upgraded to 4.2.1*

Any issues/bugs found?

> * - One FC27 slave enabled on Jenkins- Mock updated upstream - need to
> update snapshots on el7 and all fedoras- Jenkins security advisory - patch
> prepared- Global_setup patch split for better readability- Bare metal
> management plugin for several Jenkins instances- Beaker plugin not doing
> what we need*

Can you please elaborate a bit? its not good for supporting multi Jenkins
environments or not good to manage bare metal slaves in general?

> * - Foreman plugin exists but unmaintained*

The reserve plugin? its quite buggy and we couldn't make it work properly
for years, I wouldn't rely on it as a good solution.

> * - scripted slave plugin?*

Please try to reach out to other projects like Fedora/Atomic/CentOS and see
how they manage BM slaves.

> *AI: - Prepare snapshot update patch*
> --
> Regards,
> Evgheni Dereveanchin

Eyal edri

MANAGER

RHV DevOps

EMEA VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)