hosted-engine ovirt-system-tests

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 13:22:57 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Il 5 mar 2018 2:02 PM, "Yedidyah Bar David" <didi at redhat.com> ha scritto:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Recently I have been pushing various patches to OST in order to verify
> specific bugs/fixes I was working on, using them with the "manual"
> jenkins job but with no immediate intention to get them merged. Main
> reason is that it's not clear what's the best approach to get such
> tests merged. Do we want a new suite? How often does it run? How long
> does it take? Do we have enough resources? etc.
>
> Do we have plans re this? Bugs/tickets/etc.?
>
> Do we want to do something?
>
> Specifically, do we want (eventually) many more suites? This seems
> unmanageable. A few suites, perhaps (also) using lago snapshots?
> Didn't try that myself, might be useful and relevant.
>

> Didn't check since I am on mobile phone but if all the tests are
> regression tests I think itv would be useful run the test daily. AFAIK we
> don't have tests running per patch on hosted engine commits so it should be
> ok adding them to existing test suite

OK, cleaned up a bit the last (current) one to make it ready for review,
can be merged once the fix it verifies [1] is merged.

But some of the other patches are for the engine, which does run per-push,
thus does risk a considerable slowdown if simply merged.

[1]
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/Ib3f2294acb200e43cb61c44d9c1960338368527b,n,z

> Some examples:
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/79203
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/79215
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/84813
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/88201
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/88234
>
> And current one - this and the next ones in the stack:
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/88331
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Didi