OST Failure - Weekly update [24/03/2018-29/03/2018]

Dafna Ron dron at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 20:20:53 UTC 2018

Hello,

I would like to update on this week's failures and OST current status.
This week I am sending the report a bit earlier due to the holidays.

We had a few failures this week but I am glad to report that the issues
were fixed quickly.

on 23-03-2018 we started getting a random failure which seems to be an
issue with the ost test hotplug_cpu
This fix was submitted by  Milan to fix the issue:
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/89589

On the 27-03-2018 we had a failure on basic_sanity.disk_operations
This seems to be related to locking race and was fixed by Benny on 3
different fixes:
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/89534/
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/89537/
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/89577/

There was an issue with build-artifacts on the vdsm project which was an
infra failure as well as a code issue (2 different builds). this was also
resolved quickly.

Infra issues:

The ci team discovered and fixed a failure in container cleanup on the the
hosts. Daniel submitted this patch: https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/89402/ and
it seemed to have resolved the issue.

Gal has been investigating an issue which causes failure due to lack of
memory on the host. for now, Gal submitted a fix:
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/89588/

Lastly we had a packaging issue on 4.2 which was resolved as well.

*Below you can see the chart for this week's resolved issues but cause of
failure:Code* = regression of working components/functionalities
*Infra* = infrastructure/OST Infrastructure/Lago related issues/Power
outages
*OST* Tests - package related issues, failed build artifacts

*Below is a chart of resolved failures based on ovirt version*

*Below is a chart showing failures by suite type: *

*Thanks, *

*Dafna*