Disable/remove HE 4.1 jobs?

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Mon May 7 15:28:20 UTC 2018

On 7 May 2018 at 17:15, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:

>> On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 1:12 PM, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com>
>> wrote:

>>> te-4.1/
>>> te-4.1/373/
>>>

>>> This seems to be due to our 4.1-snapshot repo now including vdsm-4.20
>>> for some reason:
>>>
>>> http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-4.1-snapshot/rpm/el7/x86_64/
>>>
>>> Seems like the last build of the job was ran accidentally:
>>>
>>> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_4.1_build-artifacts-el7-x86_64/
>>

>> I see it was Lev who triggered a manual build of 4.2 from the 4.1 job,
>> any reason for it?
>>

> just a mistake
>

>>> We should probably revert the repo to the content of the previous build.
>>>
>>> Barak warned multiple times against doing such fixes manually. Please
>>> handle, or suggest how to handle. Thanks,
>>>

>> Usually the solution is to bump to higher version, but I don't see how it
>> can help here.
>> I don't see another way to resolve this other than removing the bad VDSM
>> from 4.1 repo and regenerating the repos.
>>
>> Barak?
>>

> I don't see any other way as well.

Yeah, in this case this seems to be the only choice.
Hopefully one of the workarounds in the Lago/OST code will also manage to
remove it from the host caches otherwise removing it would be painful.

This problem is unique to 4.1 because it is still publishing from build
jobs directly and not (only) from tested.
Just building manually with a job is usually insufficient to get a package
into one of the repos....

--
Barak Korren
RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi