[Kimchi-devel] [kimchi-devel][bug]test_model.py fails because of exception

Royce Lv lvroyce at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Feb 18 03:01:16 UTC 2014

On 2014年02月17日 20:34, Aline Manera wrote:
> On 02/16/2014 11:51 PM, Royce Lv wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>> Recently I ran test cases and find all cases in model test with
>> exception fails. After investigate with Sheldon, we found it is
>> because now exception uses kimchi defined exceptions which involves
>> cherrypy.request.app.root, and this is not set when just run with
>> test_model.
>>
>> Based on this, we hope we can set up a jenkins server and do test
>> when every patch get merged, also developers ourselves need to test
>> before submit with latest code rebased. So that error like this can
>> be discovered earlier.
>>

> Hi Royce,
>
> As you may know I run the tests before applying any patch upstream.
> But I run all the tests using "make check" command - the same way our
> Jenkins server will do one day.
>
> So this kind of problem isn't because we are missing a Jenkins server
> or we do not run the tests.
>
> The key problem is: why "make check" can run all model tests and we
> can not do it separately?
> AFAIK, "make check" uses "run_tests.sh" script which run all tests -
> one by one.
> What "run_tests.sh" is doing to model tests run with success?
>
> We need to find the problem and fix it.
> "make check" should run all tests the same way I can them individually.
Aline,

I believe that you run test case before merge, and I have testcase
several times they went well and I just found problem recently. But when
I tried fresh clone with commit before exception, run sudo make check
still found errors in model test:

ERROR: test_vm_lifecycle (test_model.ModelTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/royce/kimchi-new/kimchi/tests/test_model.py", line 83, in
test_vm_lifecycle
inst.vms_create(params)
File "/home/royce/kimchi-new/kimchi/src/kimchi/model/vms.py", line 171,
in create
raise InvalidOperation("KCHVM0001E", {'name': name})
InvalidOperation: KCHVM0001E: KCHVM0001E

ERROR: test_vm_list_sorted (test_model.ModelTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/royce/kimchi-new/kimchi/tests/test_model.py", line 725, in
test_vm_list_sorted
inst.vms_create(params)
File "/home/royce/kimchi-new/kimchi/src/kimchi/model/vms.py", line 171,
in create
raise InvalidOperation("KCHVM0001E", {'name': name})
InvalidOperation: KCHVM0001E: KCHVM0001E

ERROR: test_vm_storage_provisioning (test_model.ModelTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/royce/kimchi-new/kimchi/tests/test_model.py", line 236, in
test_vm_storage_provisioning
inst.vms_create(params)
File "/home/royce/kimchi-new/kimchi/src/kimchi/model/vms.py", line 171,
in create
raise InvalidOperation("KCHVM0001E", {'name': name})
InvalidOperation: KCHVM0001E: KCHVM0001E

Ran 148 tests in 105.907s

FAILED (errors=9)
make[3]: *** [check-local] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/royce/kimchi-new/kimchi/tests'
make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/royce/kimchi-new/kimchi/tests'
make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/royce/kimchi-new/kimchi/tests'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

I'm not sure it is platform dependent as I can't reproduce. We can keep
it as an issue and if it get reproduced we can fix it.