[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] Improve task management for kimchi

Yu Xin Huo huoyuxin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jul 4 08:01:36 UTC 2014

On 7/3/2014 11:09 PM, Christy Perez wrote:

> On 07/03/2014 05:31 AM, Wen Wang wrote:
>> On 7/3/2014 6:06 PM, Yu Xin Huo wrote:
>>> For this RFC, we are trying to create a *generic message notification
>>> component* to handle *long task*.
>>>
>>> I do not think any new tab is needed for message subscribe configuration.
>>>
>>> If this long task is at console admin
>>> level(host/template/network/storage pool), I recommend to share this
>>> message among all *root* users.
>>> If this long task is at VM level, only *VM users* got this message.
>>>
>>> The task should be identified by the uri(web api) that triggered it.
>> +1
>  From what I understand, only messages attached to kimchi tasks are going
> to be accepted? What about handing up messages from libvirt about errors
> in a VM? For example,
> https://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi/issues/367. Or is this
> considered a "long task at VM level" too?
If I understand correctly, this error is generated automatically from
backend, there is no task associated with it and not a long task.
But we are creating a generic messaging component, although it is not a
long task, it can also leverage this feature.

1. Backend generate an error.
2. Get which VM this error from.
3. Get users that have access to this VM.
4. Push the message back to clients with web socket.