[Kimchi-devel] Authorization: allow root user specify users/groups to a VM

Aline Manera alinefm at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jul 8 15:26:26 UTC 2014

Maybe we can filter users by the UID > 999

User ID (UID): Each user must be assigned a user ID (UID). UID 0 (zero)
is reserved for root and UIDs 1-99 are reserved for other predefined
accounts. Further UID 100-999 are reserved by system for administrative
and system accounts/groups.

But I could not find any criteria we can use for groups

Reference:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/understanding-etcpasswd-file-format/
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/understanding-etcgroup-file/