[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] Directories in storage pools and Filesystem Passthrough

Royce Lv lvroyce at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jul 30 07:22:20 UTC 2014

On 2014年07月29日 00:31, Christy Perez wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> A colleague has noticed that directories (even the 'lost+found')
The reason libvirt decide to display 'lost+found' as volume is they think
"on different platform (MacOS, Android) the name of trash can varies and
not always be 'lost+found',
So just to be safe, they remain this directory not be filtered."
> directory are showing up as images in storage pools.
>
> Here's an old mail thread discussing the addition of directories to
> storage pools:
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2011-May/msg01901.html, but
> it was because they can be used for 'filesystem passthrough.' See
> http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsFilesystems
>
> So my question is: How should kimchi treat directories?
>
> My thoughts are, we can filter them out of storage pools, and then in
> the future, add a feature for filesystem passthrough.
I agree with you. Filesystem passthrough is a useful feature for
guest-host sharing, while I haven't figured out specific use case under
kimchi.
So I would like we filter all directories for now too.