[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] upgrade CherryPy version.

Sheldon shaohef at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Mar 5 02:24:33 UTC 2014

On 03/05/2014 03:24 AM, Aline Manera wrote:
> On 03/03/2014 06:50 AM, Sheldon wrote:
>> Now there's a issue:
>> https://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi/issues/333
>>
>> The reason of this issue is because high level cherrpy version make
>> some change about set_response.
>>
>> The high level cherrpy encode the unicode error message by itself.
>>
>> So the kimchi do not encode the unicode error message any more.
>>
>> It is right, the cherrpy should encode the unicode error message.
>>
>> Now we can require the cherrypy version to solve this problem.
>>
>> we can also check the cherrypy version in kimchi code as follow in
>> order to avoid to require the cherrypy version.
>>
>> like:
>> if cherrypy.__version__ << 3.2.5:
>> return res
>> else:
>> return res.encode("utf-8")
>>

> Did you confirm all the supported distros have access to the high
> cherrypy version?
> If so, I am OK to upgrade the cherrypy version
royce has helped me to check the high cherrypy version is 3.2.2 on ubuntu.

So maybe we can not solve this problem by upgrade CherryPy.
We can solve this problem by the patch.
Issue #333: do not encode error.html when the cherrpy version less than
'3.2.5'

--
Thanks and best regards!

Sheldon Feng(冯少合)<shaohef at linux.vnet.ibm.com>