[Kimchi-devel] About the TTY of the sudo command

zhshzhou at linux.vnet.ibm.com zhshzhou at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Mar 18 16:48:36 UTC 2014

Hi,

I see in kimchid SystemD service file we assign a TTY to it just to
avoid the sudo TTY missing error. I think in some setups other than
SystemD the admin might also decide to require TTY for sudo and modify
the sudo config, so the current solution is just a workaround for RHEL
family distroes.

Sometimes it's useful for a daemon provides a console interface on a
TTY, but kimchid is not in this type. Maybe it's better to run sudo in
a temporary PTY and avoid assigning a TTY to kimchid.

Actually I'm fine with the current solution. Just happened to see to
this problem and thought maybe we can improve it a little bit.