[Kimchi-devel] 2 errors on rhel7 beta

Aline Manera alinefm at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Mar 21 19:57:13 UTC 2014

On 03/20/2014 10:37 AM, Sheldon wrote:

> 1. can not install python-cheetah for missing Dependency.
>
> 1.
>     --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> 2.
>     Error: Package: python-cheetah-2.4.4-4.el7.x86_64 (epel)
> 3.
>      Requires: python-pygments
> 4.
>      You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
> 5.
>      You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
>
> I just install epel and cdrom repo.

Even with epel you could not install python-cheetah?

> 2. can not start kimchid first time, restart kimchid  again, it can
> works.
>
> 1.
>     sudo ./src/kimchid
> 2.
>     libvirt: Storage Driver error : Storage pool not found: no storage
>     pool with matching name 'default'
> 3.
> 4.
>     Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id
> 5.
>     libvirt: Network Driver error : Network not found: no network with
>     matching name 'default'
> 6.
>     libvirt: Network Driver error : Failed to create symlink
>     '/etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/autostart/default.xml' to
>     '/etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/default.xml': File exists
> 7.
>     Fatal: Cannot create default network because of KCHNET0008E:
>     Unable to create network default. Details: Failed to create
>     symlink '/etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/autostart/default.xml' to
>     '/etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/default.xml': File exists, exit kimchid

It seems a problem while updating the default network to a new address.
On nested virtualization, the default network is created to
192.168.122.0/24 which is network of the vm
So Kimchi remove the existing default network but does not delete the
/etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/autostart/default.xml
And while creating the new default network pointing to an unused address
the error is raised and kimchi crashes.
It is my guess. We need to investigate carefully to check what is really
happening here.