[Kimchi-devel] Hot plug tests fails for scsi-cdrom

Royce Lv lvroyce at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Nov 3 06:32:43 UTC 2014

After finished patch for scsi cdrom and passed tests against cold
plug/vm creation, when I were testing hot plug for cdrom, I got the
following error:
     libvirt: QEMU Driver error : internal error: No device with bus
'scsi' and target 'sda'

When debugging and searching, found this reply in libvirt community:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2013-December/msg00033.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2013-December/msg00034.html
Quote from libvirt maintainer Daniel B that:
"

There is no way to hotplug a CDROM device - only disk devices can be
hotplugged.

For CDROM/Floppy devices it is looking for an existing device with the
given name, and then trying to change the removable media in that device.
The error you're getting shows that there is no such CDROM device with the
name 'vda' in the guest already.

"
So I think we need to abandon this scsi cdrom patch and just use current
ide cdrom.
And in UI part, we also need to disable hot plug for cdrom.