[Kimchi-devel] UI Mockup of Guest Snapshot

Crístian Viana vianac at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 13 18:16:57 UTC 2014

On 13-11-2014 08:30, Yu Xin Huo wrote:

Good mockup! I have a few comments though:

  * The revert button (like all other buttons, I believe) should have a
    tooltip displayed when the user hovers over it. I don't think that
    button states very clearly what it does, even though I don't have a
    better suggestion for another icon right now.
  * When the user clicks on the button "+", a snapshot should be created
    right away. I don't think we should let them choose a name when
    creating a snapshot. Just to make things simpler for them. Later the
    user should be able to rename the snapshots, so that the text field
    and the floppy disk button won't exist for now. Currently, the
    backend doesn't support snapshot renaming.
  * There could be another column displaying the creation time (i.e. the
    field 'created' in the snapshot JSON structure). That's a very
    important information when talking about snapshots. In the mockup
    example, we can see the time the snapshot was created because the
    time is in its name, but that won't be the case forever, the user
    will be able to rename the snapshot.
  * I think there should be a visual indication of the current snapshot.
    I thought about adding a different icon (like the "loading" one) to
    indicate that.